Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Wanna Get Away ...

With Luke leaving in a week and a half for a YEAR (or more ...), we decided to get away from everything for a day. It's so hard being intentional about spending quality time together here at home ... there's always so many distractions (like the pile of laundry on the couch, or this computer, or Luke's school work, or Luke's job ...). I thought maybe if we escaped for a night we'd be able to just focus on being us. 

It was wonderful. We headed up to Lake Quinault lodge, where we spent a day or two on our honeymoon, then hit the beach on our way home. It was simply lovely. Dave is an easy guy to haul around still, minus the need to feed him every three hours (that gets annoying), so we were able to go on long walks, enjoy dinner together, that sort of thing. 

It was lovely. 

Evidence:


 I'm trying so hard to make this next week and a half not seem like torture for all involved, including myself.  I would be lying if I said that this was anything near easy .. it's not, and I pretty much cry every single time I think about my best friend leaving for a really long time and how Baby Dave probably won't even know who he is when he sees him and all that fun stuff. But I figure there's plenty of time to be upset about it later, right? So I should just put it off as long as possible. 

(It's more fun to be upset about it while Luke is still here). 

My sister is coming to visit me a week after Luke leaves, and the day she leaves I'm flying to Ohio for Callie's wedding. I'll be there a week as well. My entire family may come visit me in July, then in August I'm visiting California including Sardine Lake (!!!!!) and the home town. September I plan to fly to D.C., October Im going to a conference in Colorado and probably visiting Boise .. and so the time will pass. 

(Maybe).

1 comment:

  1. tehBeautifulAngieMay 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM

    Oh, please, please, PLEASE can you visit me in August??! I have a spare bedroom if you need a place to stay! :)

    ReplyDelete