Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crazy Cookie Eve

Tomorrow is Crazy Cookie Day. That makes today Crazy Cookie Day.

And crazy it was.

I started the day by dashing off to a Christmas cookie exchange with the lady's Bible study small group. That was at 9:15 a.m. From there it was grocery store, post office, craft store and one other stop before heading home by 12:30.

And then the baking started. Between 1 p.m. and dinner time I made three batches of brownies, molasses cookies, gingerbread dough, sugar cookies and chocolate cookies. And fudge.

And then I cleaned the house. And did three loads of laundry and even folded it all. I also vacuumed. And made dinner. And fed my husband and then fed our now neighbor Ash who called after we were done essentially begging for food.

And how could I say "no" to that?

I also wrote thank you notes I've been putting off since, oh, October, and finished wrapping the Christmas gifts AND wrapped my mom and dad's birthday gifts. And made tags to the cookie plates.

And during all of this I even grew part of a human.

In short, today I was Super Amy. I tried to be Super Amy yesterday, but I was thwarted by ice and a plethora of stupid people. No such thwartage today!

And tomorrow I shall do it again! Crazy Cookie Day will start at about 9 a.m. at Natalie's where we shall make two different kinds of brownies and three different kinds of cookies.

For now, I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment