Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Babysitter Amy

It's been a really really long time since I actually full on babysat someone else's kids. My brothers and sisters? Sure. Nursery at church/small group? Definitely. At someone's house while they got out for dinner? Yeah, not so much.

We're talking at least eight years. Crazy, I know.

Regardless, here I am babysitting for our chaplain's family while he and his wife, Charlene, have a delicious meal alone for the last time in a very long time. He deploys Friday or Saturday to join Luke.

I will say this -- having Luke go ahead of everyone else has made me incredibly sympathetic and very available to support the rest of the wives in the group. If Luke was leaving right now, too, I would no doubt be very busy wallowing on my own. Since he's not I'm ... well, I still wallow a little bit, but not like it's a full time job. So there's that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking the baby to the library did not work out as planned. The library was closed at 945 when I was there and since I had the rest of the day booked with studying and stuff like that, oh well. We'll probably try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Babysitting is my career right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Amy. Obviously. :)

    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. ~ 2 Cor 1:3-4

    You understand and that can make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete