Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bad Amy!

As I was just perusing my blog of yore, it dawned on me that perhaps it would be appropriate if i made more of an effort to blog consistently now. The best intentions ...

Life has been clipping along, Dave getting bigger, me staying busy doing ... well ... Im not really sure what, but it's taking up all my time. In the last few weeks I've thrown a 4th of July Party with Abigail, hosted (with the help of some wonderful small group folks) my entire family minus Shelly for three days (short version: barfing child, clogged toilet, new tires, finding the mess hall, gross dinner at the PX, ferry, Pikes Place, Ivars, traffic, bowling) and purchased way too much at Costco.

Abigail got her husband back today, if only for 15ish days. This is exciting for me on some level, too, because if SHE can go eight months without seeing Brett, surely I can go eight months without seeing. At the same time, however, it is bitter sweet. While getting so excited that Brett was coming back I slipped up and let myself get excited that Luke was coming back ... except he isn't. Now as soon as I realized this was happening and tried to bed it back down again, but it was already all riled up.

But you know, we've made it six weeks. On the one hand, it seems like he's been gone forever already, a little bit like maybe he was never even here to start with. The six weeks has pretty much flown by. At the same time, however, it seems like I cannot possibly make it another Lord only knows how long until I get to see him again.

Im actually going to make an effort to blog more often. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment