Friday, March 5, 2010

IKEA Much?


I am a HUGE fan of IKEA. Back in the day most of my apartment was furnished courtesy of that glorious store. Futon, bed, mattress, tables, chairs, more tables, more chairs, silverware, plates, a plant, dressers ... yeah, everything.

Now I am grown up. And cheap. So I still like IKEA. You see very little has changed.

Today's trip was primarily for a bookshelf. Oh, and Chipotle. But that's just a fringe benefit.

I took this photo of all the loot I scored for just about $30. Note in particular the beautiful set of wooden blocks Dave will be getting for his birthday. This one was $12. I've seen comparable sets for $30 or more.



In fact, beyond my new mixing bowls and colander (our current one is literally rusting) all of this stuff is for Dave. We bought two shirt bibs, a bowl/cup/spoon/scoop bib set (primarily because I wanted the scoop bib which go for about $10 each at Target ... this set was $5), a huge collection of kiddo silverware and a stack of Dave plates. The blocks were our most expensive purchase with the shirt bibs in second.

All in all, a good experience. Now if Dave would only stop crying ...

2 comments:

  1. He is probably crying because he misses his friend. That friend would be ME! Thanks for a super fun and yummy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an IKEA virgin. But you inspire me to go...at least once in my life.

    ReplyDelete