Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baby love

I love me some babies.

I didn't used to be this way. I swear, I used to basically not like babies at all. I can recall like it was yesterday a scene in the basement of 205 F Street where the Saturday night nursery was set up.

"Don't you want kids?" Jenn Clark said.

"Um. Me?! *snort. No! No no no no. You have kids. Ill enjoy them. I already had my family."

This refers, of course, to my 123,154,756,234 brothers and sisters (OK, OK it's more like 7. Whatever) that I feel Ive had a heavy hand in raising. I dont really need MORE kids. That's totally enough.

Yeah I don't really feel that way any more.

I WANT a baby. I mean, not right now, obviously. And I totally have a fear of being married-for-a-year-with-a-kid woman ... but that doesn't change the baby love....

Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I think they're pumping something into the air ducts at church-that'd definitely explain the 11 pregnant ladies and all the babies...and its also good for church growth ;-)

    I mean, surely its not just us getting all nest-y, SURELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "baby love" and I'm not married or even close to being married. I told myself that at 30 I will have children, married or not.

    ReplyDelete