Friday, May 30, 2008

Espresso, I shall take you down!

Some amazing friends of ours bought Luke and I an amazing espresso machine/coffee maker. On second thought, though, I realized that I could probably survive my lifetime with a slightly less awesome one, and use the left over awesomeness to buy ... other stuff.

So last night Luke and I headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond, scored an espresso machine, grinder, a few towels and a shower curtain that I LOVE.

Yay us :-).

Now, the complicated part.

The stupid espresso machine refuses to be conquered. Rather than running a certain amount of water through the filter, it runs until you turn it off, so you have to manually control the run. This will work fine once I figure out the best way to grind the coffee and how long to run the water.

I SHALL conquer, thou machine!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Making dinner next week for an FRG family with a new baby. I'll probably end up making a pork roast and some muffins -- let's not lie, those are two things I am good at making.

By the way -- chocolate espresso muffins last night were totally a hit.
~~~~~~~~~

Went swimming this morning -- 70 laps non-stop.

And now I could totally use a muffin. And I think I'll hang up my new shower curtain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We may or may not be going camping this weekend. Luke is aware that he has one (ONE) chance to deliver an amazing, wonderful, inspiring camping experience. If it goes wrong? I don't think I'll feel like going camping again (just a suspicion).

This is our last weekend together, really before wedding pressure sets in full force. He'll be gone starting next Friday for almost two weeks ... he gets back Thursday and I leave the next Monday for the wedding madness.
~~~~~~~~~~

Coming soon: thoughts on how to keep myself from going crazy while Luke is gone.

1 comment:

  1. um, I'm proud of you for being frugal, but I have a thought...

    Maybe, just maybe, the awesomeness of the original espresso machine lies in its ability to be conquered. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete