Monday, July 21, 2008

Repeat After Me...

I am a supportive Army wife. I am a supportive Army wife. I AM a supportive Army wife.

The more I say, the more it will be true, right?

(not working ...)

Luke is late at work again .. this wouldn't be so frustrating if he hadn't left for work at 3:30 a.m. And if he hadn't said he'd be home at 5:30 p.m. And if I hadn't made dinner to be ready at 6:00 p.m. And if he hadn't just called to say his Army boss man is keeping him at least a half hour later.

i am a supportive army wife.

(stupid army)

This is quite the change from earlier. There I was, driving around post between a free swim in the tax payers' pool and shopping at the cheap-ish, tax free grocery store and the thought popped into my head "being in the Army is awesome! good priced/free stuff abounds!"

Whoa, talk about a lapse in sanity. I must've forgotten for that moment about all the stupid Luke working late and leaving for days at a time and Washington BFF Abigail leaving for way, way too long. (I don't want to talk about that right now, by the way, lest I become kind of upset).

Gotta keep these things in the front of my mind ... maybe it will help me be supportive ... that way I won't ever be disappointed. Maybe I'll have really low expectations so that whenever I get to keep my friends for more than a few months or my husband gets to eat dinner with me, when he says he will ... I'll be way excited.

2 comments:

  1. here's a little lesson I learned early on ( right after the lesson about denial, which I've been using a lot lately...) is that I make dinner preparations whenever, but i only start MAKING dinner when Brett calls me and tells me he's ABOUT to leave....I had waaay too many nice dinners get ruined by the silly army before I learned that it was better for Brett to wait a few minutes once he got home than for me to have dinner ready at a certain "time"...
    annnnyway, thanks for the vitamins-and i like that they're "extra immunity" I feel healthier already. Oh, and I wore the not-so-whorish skirt to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess what! You're not "almost army wife" anymore! You can change it back!

    especially since you love the army so much.... think happy thoughts of swimming pools and whatever those army stores are called

    ReplyDelete