Friday, November 28, 2008

I Saw, I Conqured

Rather than risk our lives in the name of $8 jeans and $150 Blue Ray Players, Luke and I decided to sleep in this morning instead of hitting the stores at 5 a.m. ...

But then when we woke up at 9 a.m. shopping sounded like a good idea ... so ...

We did.

I am happy to report that I am overall pleased with our acquisitions. We hit Walmart, Best Buy, JcPenney, Bath and Body Works, Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Sees Candy, Joann's and ... I think that's it.

Actually, I hit most of those by myself. Luke and I decided it would best to find his Christmas gifts, you know, without him. And I did find them! I am very proud of me. We bought only things we were going to buy anyway, sale or no, and got most of them for 50 to 60 percent off the normal price.

Good feelings.

I also got stockings. One for me, one for Luke one for Baby. We have no fire to hang them by with care or anything like that ... but this is a big step for me! I normally shun Christmas decorations because, well, I don't really like Christmas that much.

But I am trying to be awesome and familyish and all that stuff, so I bought stockings. And a seasonal door decoration.

Maybe next year I'll even get a tree and some decorations ...

Which brings me to: trying to enjoy the holiday season with Luke because next year he won't be here.

This is our first holiday season together ... and our last until at least 2010, probably. He'll go marching off to war next summer if the Army has their way, and it will be just me and Baby left to be merry on our own.

And so I'm trying to merry enough now to last for several years. On some level I feel like there is not enough I could possibly do to savor each possible holiday moment with him. I fear that if I try to savor it to hard I won't end up enjoying it at all ... or something like that. ... as if trying to live in the moment will ruin it all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Baby (which I did like two paragraphs ago, in case you missed it), we have the ultrasound on Tuesday and I am VERY VERY excited. I get to find out what kind of kid it is and THEN I get to go baby clothes shopping!!!!

Yippee!! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Awe.....I'm sorry Amy!! I know what you mean EXACTLY about trying to savor the moment and then savoring and savoring and not enjoying. Life seems to be passing me by so fast these days.....
    Can not wait to find out what Baby is!!

    ReplyDelete