Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Super Amy is Gone

Or rather, she's not gone, she's just having her powers sucked out of her by the human she's growing.

I used to be Super Amy. My typical day last summer went something like this:

5 a.m. -- Work out
6:30 a.m. -- shower
7:30 a.m. -- Work from Ebs
8:45 a.m. -- Go to Hill, work from there
7 p.m. -- Go home
7:15 p.m. -- eat dinner
7:30 p.m. -- work on freelance stories or if none, attempt to unwind
8:30 or - 9 p.m. -- sleep

On Fridays I did all of that until 7 p.m., then worked at Ebs until it closed. Saturdays I worked all day at Ebs then helped run/run a church service or two. Sundays I worked at Ebs some more, worked out, hung out with friends.

In the fall the schedule was augmented to largely eliminate the working out, add 2 hours of Arabic class two nights a week, cut Ebs on Sunday, add babysitting, studying Arabic and making/serving dessert to Sunday night and alter each evening with talking to Luke until about 11 p.m.

THAT was Super Amy.

Super Amy is now tired. Now I get up at 7 a.m. or so, I work from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. or so, I go to World Vision two days a week after that until 5 p.m., I drive home, I make and eat dinner (and if not at WV I exercise, run errands, go to Dr., whatever instead) and then I am tired. Very, very tired. I go to bed around 8:30 p.m. most nights. I usually wish I could go to bed sooner than that.

When will I get Super Amy back?? I miss her.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I think I like human Amy better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's still there! You summed it up in your first paragraph...she's got more important things to worry about right now. :)

    ReplyDelete