Sunday, December 6, 2009

Busy-Distraction-Ness

See that in the title? I just made up a new word. That's just how I roll.

And that's what I've been doing. Distracting myself with silly-busy things, like making up new words, finishing busy projects and cleaning constantly. I've sent all of my christmas cards. I've dusted everything twice. I've picked up more cherios than I can count.

And he's still not home.

I know that he is just as eager to get back as I am to get him back and my complaining about it probably isn't helping.

But these last days are feeling oh-so-long. Mostly because I expected them to be over by now. And yet here we still are doing things that would so not be happening if Luke were home. Things like watching Lord of the Rings on a Sunday morning and NOT flipping the channels. Things like eating a smoothie for dinner last night ... like that.

Today we've got another busy day of church and an errand or two thereafter. Tomorrow we've got a PWOC board meeting, followed by an FRG meeting Tuesday, PWOC Wednesday morning, a super exciting surprise trip with Charlene Wednesady afternoon (surprise for her, not for me), BBB Thursday, meetings Friday morning and evening and ... hopefully, news that the husbands has left the FOB Saturday or Sunday.

Busy is good. But I know the days will drag anyway. Longest busyness ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment