Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Full On Yay

The "yay!" has been active for almost a week now. Wow, that is so hard to believe. Luke has been home for ALMOST a week! So crazy.

He got home late Christmas Eve ... well, late for Amy. It was about 7 p.m. We WOULD'VE been there to have the picture perfect meet him as he gets off the plane moment with Dave in the cute tshirt I bought for him that says "I'm here to pick up my daddy!" and me looking really, REALLY hot ...

But the moron at the Air Force Base told me the wrong time for arrival, even though I double triple checked, and he had to borrow someone's cell phone to give us a "where the heck are you?" phone call.

Answer: we're at home.

So ... no cute tshirt for Dave and while, yes, I looked REALLY hot, I had my coat on so who cares?

HOWEVER -- We got him back!!!!! And for THAT we are super grateful.

The last few days have been awesome. He got the federal holiday/DONSA weekend off and didn't have to go to work until yesterday ... and he's really only been working half days. This afternoon he'll meet us down at Great Wolf Lodge for a non-mandatory Army fun day. Dave will enjoy the glorified bathtub ... because that's really what it will be for him ... and I'll enjoy a water slide or four when Luke gets there and can watch Dave for a few minutes.

All in all, good times.

Last night Luke and I dropped Dave off at hourly care and hit Pacific Grill for a very expensive meal that was delicious.

And I just scared the tar out of Dave by sneezing. That's my cue, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment