Saturday, August 8, 2009

Edit to Julie and Julia

First, go down and read my last post. Because it's a prerequisite for this particular reading. That's right, I used the word "prerequisite." AND I knew how to spell it on my own. Oh snap!

Now, that you've done your homework, I have one more thing to add to my little review.

Watching Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci (yes, the hairy actor guy from Devil Wear Prada) get it on ... or almost get it on ... or alluding to them getting it on ... makes me extremely uncomfortable. Pretty much anything where .. old ... people do that is just not cool. (I also dont like watching young people in that situation -- liberal use of the remote occurs. But even allusions to old people weirds me out).

Now I am aware that some of my readers are not going to appreciate me calling those two actors "old" or using the phrases "old people" and "getting it on" in the same blog post, much less sentence. But I don't care. This is how I feel about the subject.

Who this moment did not make uncomfortable: all the extremely old people in the same theater with us.

Someone should put a warning about that BEFORE the film .. the same warning that it's an old person movie. Maybe it could look like this:

WARNING: Primarily old persons will attend this film. Contains some old jokes and scenes of old people doing it.

1 comment:

  1. thank you, this was definitely a needed edition to your previous review. hahah!

    ReplyDelete