Sunday, August 23, 2009

Husband Talk

Good news: I got to talk to Luke!

After missing ANOTHER call (this morning ... the fun just never ends) I finally got to talk to him. Unfortunately it was while I was at church and shouldve been paying attention to other things but ... who am I kidding? Luke is the most important. Obviously.

It was so amazing to hear his voice and get his news. Two weeks and three days is too long not to talk to one's husband. And I know it will get longer in the future.

He was happy to report that while, yes, people have died, he has been no where near it. (Praise God!). He has been super, super busy doing Army type duties, including some stuff dealing with the recent KIA (major bummer), but is, other than exhausted, in good health. He misses us. He can't wait to see us ...

And as for WHEN exactly that will be, he has no news -- just some skepticism as to whether or not it will happen at all. The question isnt whether or not he'll be the next rear-d. The question is whether or not there will be a next one at all. Apparently this one could stay the whole time.

Only excepting I KNOW that's not what is going to happen. I've been praying without ceasing and BELIEVING GOD that Luke will be home in December to be the next rear-d. And so God will come through on this. I just know it.

And that's all there is to it.

I am EXHAUSTED ... but sleep is not really in my near future as the people Im with tonight have some visitors in for dessert and .. visiting. Whew. Remind me to tell you a story about exhaustion and Dave later.

No comments:

Post a Comment