Sunday, August 30, 2009

One Week More...

... and Ill be in D.C.!

I'm feeling *much* better about this trip than I was a few days ago. I've decided that I really do need to rent a car while in the city. It's just going to make things easier. It still sounds a little silly to me to rent a car to drive 10 blocks, but with the baby walking everywhere is rather unpractical. So driving it is.

Dana has wonderfully offered to let me use her pack and play the whole time, so now I dont have to coordinate finding a multitude to borrow at various moments. That's a relief as well. Now, all I have to do is make plans with all the people I want to see and make sure I get to eat all the food I want to eat (Matchbox, George's, Five Guys, Ebs, etc.) and we'll be set!

Meanwhile back on the homefront, I'm facing a busy week of prepping for travel and, well, general normal busyness. I've got a party that I'm helping throw on Thursday, a meeting all morning tomorrow, small group, Bible study, etc. Oh, and packing. Gotta make time for that, too.

...

I heard from Luke last night. He is having a hard time so we need to keep praying for him. He didnt really elaborate, but I'm sure it's KIA related. I just wish I could be there to help him. He didn't indicate, however, that the plans for his homecoming Decemberish are on hold, so we can still look forward to that. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment