Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Four More

Talk about a way to make an afternoon absolutely blow. As if going to the dentist isn't enough, try sitting in a dentist's chair during a filling and glancing at your blackberry between fillings, only to find a new notification from the Army telling you four more of your soldiers are dead.

On the other hand, after I read that ... I can't even remember the rest of the filling process.

I feel completely numb from this news. No calls or knocks on my door mean Luke is fine, so we are in the clear (for now). But I feel numb for the other families. I know at least one of these soldiers had a wife and kids. I feel numb because, again, this make it all so much more real.

Three weeks outside the wire. Six dead and eight (or is it nine?) injured, a few seriously.

That just seems like a lot in so short a time frame.

Luke's coffin transporting visit to KAF was the only reason he got to call me last week. Bummer way to get to call your wife. For his sake I hope he doesn't get tasked with that again.

Please (please!) pray for our soldiers and our husbands. They need some serious guardian angel action right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment